Our enthusiastic and experienced team are highly qualified in early childhood education. Our university-trained teachers plan and deliver programs which reflect their specialist knowledge of child development. Our team are committed and passionate about the education and care of children.
Our recruitment process includes thorough checks and requires potential staff to hold relevant credentials.
- VIT or working with Employee Working With Children’s Check children check
- Anaphylaxis Management Certificate
- Asthma Management Certificate
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Current Resume
- Two successful referee checks
- Participation in an interview
- Staff are vetted before they are employed, they sign a Code of Conduct, and are trained in Child Safe practices including mandatory reporting procedures.
All staff must maintain current First Aid, CPR and Epipen/Anaphylaxis training and asthma management and child safe training. Our staff are approachable and available to talk to parents about any problems or concerns that may arise.
TEACHER’S PROFESSIONAL LEARNING AND ONGOING EDUCATION
Yongala Preschool Inc. strongly supports and actively encourages opportunities for staff to engage in regular professional and personal development. Our educators strive for constant consolidation in their skills and knowledge through regular participation in Professional Development. We annually update our skills such as First Aid, program planning in relation to the Early Years Framework, Sustainability in the Early Childhood Setting and child safe practices.
Our staff also contribute to the education of others by a mentor program and having preservice students from multiply universities and colleges. In addition, staff are experienced in liaising with outside agencies where a child has additional needs.