Parents are a vital resource in the pre-school and your help is always appreciated.
Some ways you could help include:
- Join the committee
- Express an opinion/feedback. The voice of the family helps us improve our preschool to reflect the every changing needs of our community.
- help in the session. A roster is available for you to choose which days suit you.
- bring in your skills/talents/hobbies, eg Playing an instrument, story telling, cooking, gardening, sewing etc.
- help on excursions.
- provide waste materials for creative activities. These include empty boxes, paper, cardboard, gift wrap, used greeting cards, polystyrene, corks, softwood, wool, materials, cellophane, cotton reels, clean empty milk cartons or anything you think we can use.
- participate in fundraising and social events, and putting your hand up for 'one-off tasks.
- advising staff or Committee if you have special talents (ie plumber, carpenter, handyman) and if you are willing to provide these on occasion to the kinder.
Donating goods/services for Pre-School events
At Yongala Preschool we encourage the involvement of our families in all aspects of the kinder’s operation. The Parent Participation levy is $200 payable with the Security Deposit (Term One fee). The purpose of this fee is to encourage all families to participate in the operation of the kinder. The fee will be rebated to you at the end of the year (deducted from Term Four fee) following your participation in one of any of the following activities:
- Participation in the Committee of Management
- Attending two Working Bee
- Volunteering for the annual Bunnings Fundraiser (attending full day)
or attending one Working Bee and one shift of Bunnings Fundraiser.